- Maintain a Seawalker in operation at all times
- React to fault reports in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain water quality and safety
- Engage and maintain a communication line re. operations, modifications, upgrades etc.
- Ensure on-going efficiency and system reliability
- Deliver in law, by taking all reasonable actions and measures, a statutory/mandatory compliant maintained/operated system
PPM services includes:
- Base line condition surveys
- Health & Safety audits
- Scheduled services
- Deep cleans – involve super chlorination
- Detailed maintenance checks and inspection reports
We offer these in annual maintenance contracts and each visit comprises of an in-depth maintenance schedule with full report to the client.
EHC has learnt that trainers using a Seawalker quickly come to rely on the many benefits of the systems and therefore the importance that reactive maintenance is dealt with quickly and efficiently to minimised interruptions to the training schedule.
RM services include:
- Helpdesk 24/7
- Site attendance to fault reports
- Specialist external labour
- RM services exclude:
- Spare parts
- Other works not directly related to a Seawalker such as fire alarms, lighting, air-conditioning
- Day-to-day maintenance including cleaning of the walker track
Our water quality management service includes:
- 24/7 Helpdesk
- Checking salt and additive stock levels
- Water checks
- Consumables dosing operations checks
- Water quality testing and analysis
- Bio hazard testing
Whilst it is the responsibility of the trained Seawalker operator onsite to test and maintain the pH manually each week, we will undertake regular water analysis to ensure the correct water balance.